Get Ready for Success: Students and Tutors Together
A unique workshop opportunity Learning Learning
Reasons for attending this programme:
Do you want self-managed, self-confident, self-motivated students? Do you want to observe how learners respond to a range of strategies and then plan to embed and develop those strategies within the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans?
What is this training about?
A unique opportunity for you and a group of your learners to explore learning strategies and experience techniques that cut to the heart of learning and success.
This is an intensive, Accelerated Learning Programme. Its gives Students direct access to leading edge technologies that empower, motivate and build success. It provides staff with the chance to observe and investigate the strategies as they happen and more importantly to investigate how they can then utilise these methodologies in their own classrooms to raise achievement.
During this workshop everyone will:
1. Understand themselves and their motivation better to create successful learning
- have a better understanding of what motivates them
- consider own goals and learn how these can help to unlock motivation
- learn to manage how they feel to be more open to learning
- review personal obstacles to learning and plan to overcome them
2. Investigate how to learn best and utilise techniques that make learning easier
- review learning preferences and plan what strategies to use to make learning easy
- practise chunking and association mapping
- develop memory techniques
3. Plan what is important
- use strategies to be better organised and learn time management techniques
- plan to improve performance, immediately and as lifelong learners
- Reflect on the processes, tools and techniques that work
- Plan how they will utilise these strategies within their own teaching
- Utilise the staff handbook that accompanies the workshop which provides a commentary of the activities and the strategies being used
Duration: 6 hours
Fees on application
Mulberry Lawn, Quay Lane, Brading, Isle of Wight PO36 0AT
Reg in England 3959853 VAT No 757 594 085