Managing Challenging Behaviour for Learning Support Staff
Dealing with the 3 Ds! Disaffection, Disengagement and Disruption
Reasons for attending this programme:
Why do I have to do this? This is stupid. I have to be here. What’s the point? Can we go now? Do you hear these all too often? Are you tired of low level disruption and aggression?
This course provides practical strategies to transform your students from the unwilling to the engaged, from sullen to smiling!
What is this training about?
Despite many government initiatives to engage with young people turned off by teaching and learning, colleges still find themselves challenged by the 3Ds. Much research has been done into the causes of disaffection but understanding why does not necessarily give you the tools of how to respond positively.
This practical course will provide strategies, behaviours and systems to bring young people back on board. Drawing on a broad base of action research, practical applications and advanced communication techniques it provides you with a toolkit of opportunities to prevent, intervene, and engage your students.
During this programme you learn:
- The reasons that underpin poor behaviour
- What students need to be successful and how to change attitudes in students
- To use your language and body language to gain commitment and stop disruption
- How to set up a session and presuppose success and engagement
- To create an atmosphere of co-operation using boundaries, guidelines and consequences that really works!
- To make early interventions to prevent disruption
- Emergency techniques for when it all goes wrong!
- Peace in the classroom
- Better engagement in learning
- Reduction in disciplinary processes
- Reduced stress in staff
Duration: 6 hours
Fees on application
Mulberry Lawn, Quay Lane, Brading, Isle of Wight PO36 0AT
Reg in England 3959853 VAT No 757 594 085