Switch on the Machine! The Technology of Learning
Latest developments in technology, neuroscience and chemistry, promoting focussed and purposeful learning.
Reasons for attending this programme:
Neuro-science is outstripping educational theory in its understanding of how learning happens in human beings. The old theoretical models are being replaced by observable quantifiable data which can inform the teacher at the chalk face. Evidence now exists of the specific brain waves conducive to certain types of learning, the, bio-chemicals which enhance (or inhibit) learning, and the ways neurological pathways are created in new learning.
What is this training about?
Utilising the technology available to demonstrate and illustrate the key factors in learning, outlined above will enable you to ensure that you, as a teacher, can create exquisite learning states in your students, elegantly and efficiently. You have the opportunity to develop strategies with and without technology to enhance learning at every level.
During this programme you learn:
- The fundamentals of brain wave technology through the IBVA machine
- How learning and problem solving happen in the brain
- To utilise particular brain wave set ups to maximise learning
- The effect of music, sound waves and light on learning
- To enable students to enter the exact state necessary for specific learning, for example, creativity, logical thinking, and memory recall.
- To explore leading edge technologies, games and gadgets to enhance learning
- To know how to create these states without the aid of machines using the best machine you have, your mind and the mind of your students.
- To utilise the neurology and the chemistry of the brain to create the best learning possible for your students.
- Understanding and knowledge At the leading edge of educational research
- The ability to cascade the learning to new staff
- Engagement learners who are the generation of technological natives
- Impactful learning
Duration: 6 hours
Fees on application
Mulberry Lawn, Quay Lane, Brading, Isle of Wight PO36 0AT
Reg in England 3959853 VAT No 757 594 085