Integrating E&D into the learning experience
Everything teachers need to know
Reasons for attending this programme:
E&D continues to feature highly in the 2012 common inspection framework. The grade exemplar for outstanding quality of teaching, learning and assessment makes clear that E&D must be integrated fully into the learning experience, and staff are expected to show great awareness of equality and diversity in teaching sessions.
But what does this mean in practice? How might this be relevant to curriculum areas such as maths, engineering, physics or IT? What are the very best providers doing, where Ofsted cite excellent promotion of equality and diversity throughout the curriculum? What should staff be looking for when they carry out lesson observations? What’s best practice in evidencing this within schemes of work?
What is this training about?
This is a practical and interactive session that will explore these key themes. The event will explain how teaching staff can integrate equality and diversity within curriculum planning and when delivering teaching, learning and assessment, sharing best practice in the sector. This event will be of interest to programme leads, curriculum managers, quality staff, advanced practitioners, staff involved in teacher training and all teaching staff.
During this programme you learn:
- the inspection context for integrating E&D within the curriculum
- how to integrate E&D when curriculum planning, and when delivering teaching, learning and assessment
- solutions to issues, challenges and sector case studies
- to reflect on your own practice, to identify areas where your teaching can be enhanced
- the benefits of integrating E&D within the curriculum
- learning is enhanced
- achievement gaps are narrowed and success rates improved
- E&D impacts positively on inspection outcomes
Mulberry Lawn, Quay Lane, Brading, Isle of Wight PO36 0AT
Reg in England 3959853 VAT No 757 594 085